Sheldon-Williams Collegiate officially opened its doors on December 4th, 1956
Originally the school was to be named Riverheights Collegiate, but before it was completed it was named to honor Catherine Evelyn Sheldon-Williams. Catherine Sheldon-Williams attended Normal School and was engaged as a teacher at Wolseley for a short time. She then undertook the management of a business office in that town, returning to the field of education with her work in the Boys' Industrial School. When that school was transferred to Regina, Miss Sheldon-Williams came with it. In 1920 she joined the Department of Education.
Last year, the Regina Human Service Partnership (RHSP) signed the Regina Human Service Partnership's Community Violence Threat Risk Assessment & Support Protocol at a ceremony at Campus Regina Public. This is an essential tool for creating and maintaining safe environments for students, staff, parents/guardians and community members.
It is important for all parents to read and understand the community Violence Threat Risk Assessment & Support Protocol information. Below, please find links to review the brochure, the protocol document and a letter to all parents and guardians by Greg Enion, Director of Education.